What are appropriate example topics for applied research?
This question can be answered by first defining what the difference between basic and applied research.
Basic research typically involves exploring and understanding what’s already known in order to develop new knowledge.
Applied research, on the other hand, focuses on solving real-world problems by developing new or improved methods, technologies, products, services, or ideas.
When conducting applied research, one must always consider the potential impacts that their findings may have on society as well as the ethical considerations that arise from this type of work.
A researcher may identify several possible issues with a product, but not know which issue will affect people the most. For this reason, it is necessary to carry out some form of public engagement with various stakeholders (i.e., those affected by the issue) in order to ensure that we are considering all angles when designing our solution.
The importance of applied research in academic writing
In the context of academic writing, applied research refers to research that is directly relevant to a real-world problem.
For example, if you are writing about the effects of climate change, you would want to conduct applied research in order to find out how climate change is affecting people and the environment.
Applied research is important because it can help us find solutions to problems that we are facing in the world today.
Furthermore, with more research, we may be able to solve some of the issues that we face.
On a broader scale, there are many benefits to carrying out applied research. Firstly, it helps us to understand the implications of certain social practices.
Secondly, it could lead to economic growth by providing answers to pressing needs such as energy efficiency or finding cures for diseases.
Thirdly, we may find information about how something works so that we can make informed decisions and improve quality of life and happiness levels in society.
Lastly, doing this type of research also helps teach students how they can use their skills in a practical way outside of academia.
Which is an example topic for applied research
There are many potential topics for applied research.
Depending on the subject matter, the researcher may need to do some qualitative or quantitative research.
There are many different types of qualitative and quantitative data that can be collected depending on the project.
Qualitative data includes interviews with stakeholders and responses from surveys while quantitative data includes numbers like mortality rates, economic losses, unemployment rates, etc.
Once data has been collected, it must then be analyzed using statistical software programs like SPSS or R. After analyzing the data, researchers often present their findings in a number of ways including graphs and charts.
One final consideration before presenting results is the best medium to use. Having access to digital technology means that a researcher may post their findings online, publish them in journals or report them at conferences where they might present their results via PowerPoint.
Researchers must always remember to check ethics guidelines before deciding on the best medium for presenting their results.
Example topics for applied research in psychology
Applied research in psychology can range from studying psychological disorders to the design of therapies.
Here are ten topics to get you started :
- Ways to manage schizophrenia in teenagers.
- Understanding the difficulties associated with multiple personality disorder.
- What is the link between socioeconomic status and mental health?
- The long-term impact of video games on children and adolescents.
- How can we best design parenting classes to help first-time parents deal with common problems?
- How does pregnancy affect women’s experience of stress, anxiety, and depression during their childbearing years?
- How effective are mindfulness techniques in treating OCD? 8) Do parental behaviors influence childhood obesity levels?
- How does the physical layout of our homes affect sleep patterns and behavior throughout childhood?
- Is cognitive behavioral therapy more effective than other treatments for ADHD in teens?
Example topics for applied research in education
There are many topics that may be useful to apply as you practice research.
Here are some questions about education to get your brain working:
- What are the major challenges to language learning in schools?
- How can we prepare high school graduates for college and careers?
- What is the best way to promote educational equity for minority groups?
- How can we provide a better education for children with disabilities or special needs?
- What are the best methods for teaching math to elementary and middle school students?
- How can we change the way math is taught in the classroom?
- How can teachers use ICT effectively in the classroom?
- What are some of the most important features of a good primary school curriculum?
- How can we improve teachers’ professional development opportunities?
- Can early intervention play a role in supporting children with ADHD?
Example topics for applied research in social work
Social work encompasses everything from poverty and addiction to child welfare.
Social workers are employed in public and private settings, including hospitals, social services agencies, schools, community centers, and private practices.
Here are ten topics to help you get started
- How to make a living in poverty less isolating.
- Why is the rate of marijuana use among young people so high?
- Why are teen girls and young women entering prostitution?
- How can family violence be prevented?
- What are the effects of media violence on kids and teens?
- How can families, communities, and schools work together to prevent bullying?
- How can faith-based organizations support vulnerable populations?
- Does exposure to trauma lead to posttraumatic growth or PTSD?
- What do experts recommend for self-care when caring for others is overwhelming?
- Should drug addiction be treated primarily as a crime or illness?
- Which risk factors put foster youth at greater risk of suicide?
Example topics for applied research in engineering
There are many topics that may be useful to apply as you practice research.
Here are some questions about engineering to get your brain working
- What is happening in alternative energy today and what will it look like in 10 years?
- Is there a better way to make products in different industries?
- How can we cut down on traffic accidents while ensuring safe cars on our roads?
- Which medical equipment should we use and how should it work to improve patient care?
- How can we build buildings and infrastructure to withstand natural disasters?
- What are the limits of renewable resources?
- How can a construction company minimize the environmental impact of its projects?
- How can new buildings be designed to reduce energy consumption?
- What is the future of transportation in cities?
- How can we minimize the negative impacts of deforestation?
Example topics for applied research in business
There are so many areas in business that could be turned into good topics.
The great thing about these questions is that they don’t have to be limited to just one or two industries.
In fact, you may find that some of them apply broadly, making them excellent choices for research papers
- What are the trends in customer behavior and how do those trends affect businesses?
- What can companies do to attract millennials as customers?
- What can businesses do to build their employee morale and productivity?
- How can businesses identify and manage the risks associated with their supply chains?
- What are the implications of climate change for a business’s operations?
- How can marketers target specific demographics in order to increase revenue?
- How does globalization affect international trade?
- What makes for an effective marketing campaign in the digital age?
- How can CEOs and boards empower their employees to innovate and contribute to the success of the company?
- What are the main challenges for multinational corporations?
Example topics for applied research in nursing
Nursing applied research can be applied to a variety of topics.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- How can nurses provide patients with culturally sensitive care?
- What is the best method for preventing hospital-acquired infections?
- How can nurse informatics improve healthcare outcomes?
- What is the optimal amount of time a nurse should spend with each patient during a shift?
- How can nursing education prepare graduates to meet the needs of the rapidly changing health care environment?
- How can nurses help patients live healthier lives outside of the hospital?
- Can open-source technology improve nursing workflow?
- What are the most important steps to take after delivering bad news to a patient and/or family member?
- Are hospitals adequately prepared for cybersecurity threats?
- What are some signs that might indicate elder abuse?